Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 8

Today was a very emotional day.  We had to say good by to the villagers; which was a lot harder than it was expected to be.  We started packing our bags very early in the morning, and then started to clean up the house.  There was a lot of mud that needed to be cleaned up, but we got it done pretty quickly.  After that everyone headed to the center of the village for the farewell ceremony.  The villagers sang a song for us, and then we all said our goodbyes. We all got into the car and headed back to Tovutovu. When we got back we had to immediately have lunch and get ready to go snorkeling. When we went to the place where we were going to snorkel;  we had to get flippers. After the first 8 people took the dingy to the boat, everyone else got in the other boat.  When we got out to the site we had to jump into the ocean.  I was really nervous that the water was going to be freezing cold, but it was actually not bad. We started swimming to the coral, and our guide stopped to tell us that we could look around.  Then everyone started heading into really shallow water, and I mean REALLY shallow water.  I was too scared to head into the shallower water, but it was still pretty shallow where I was.  The waves almost pushed me into a large patch of coral. I has to push off of a little piece of coral just to avoid getting hit by a lot of coral. After swimming a bit, I noticed something was bothering my foot. So I took off my flipper to see what was bothering it. I noticed that there seemed to be these little quills sticking out of the bottom of my flippers; they luckily didn't pierce my skin.  I was very glad to be wear flippers at that moment. After everyone escaped the treacherous shallow waters, we continues to swim around looking at the reef.  It was very pretty overall, but I don't think I noticed anything that really stuck out.  After a while we all headed back to the boat.  When I got out I was freezing cold, but I luckily brought my towel. So everything turned out ok.  On the boat they gave us awesome snacks and drinks.  One snack in particular,  the papaya bread, tasted a lot like cinnamon; it was awesome!  When we made it back, we immediately got into the car to head to dinner.  Tonight we had pizza, and it was a great surprise. I had enough pizza to last me the entire trip!  Borah feel asleep during dinner; it was pretty funny.  We the  headed back to Tovutovu to get ready to head to Mango Bay the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment