Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 4






Today we had our first Lightroom tutorial.  It seems like this program will make organizing our photos much easier.  After the tutorial we went snorkeling.  We had to walk quit a ways down the beach to get to the place where we were going to snorkel; however, when we got there the tide was way too low.  So we had to wait a bit before we could go into the water.  We started eating lunch after we got settled down and it was pretty good.  There were a total of 3 sandwiches: two of these I already had, and the one different one was a spicy tuna sandwich.  I really liked that sandwich.  We all got bored while we eye waiting; so we decided to play a game of Ultimate Frisbee.  Our team was team turbo turtles against the other team... I don't think they made up a name. Anyways we were winning until Brett joined their team.  Then we were getting killed out there.  Claire and Alex (male) were really good; Claire would catch everything and Alex threw the Frisbee like a pro.  After all that running we went to cool off in the ocean.  Soon after that we were able to go snorkeling.   It was amazing to see all the coral and the fish that live in it.  I was able to get some awesome photos.  My favorite one was a photo I captured of these clown fish (which will show up somewhere here).  The guides were awesome and able to show me some neat stuff. One of them showed me a sea cucumber.  We eventually got into some really deep water, and I tried to dive down but my ears began hurting.  Then we started heading to the boat.  It was really difficult to get to the boat because it felt like the current was pulling me out.  I finally made it to the boat and the funniest thing happened.  I was really tried after swimming and climbing up the ladder was really difficult. After I made it up I tried to get into the boat, but a wave hit the boat right as I was crawling in.  This caused me to fall into the boat with the ladder.  The best part was that as I was falling in, for some reason, I said, "Going down".  Everyone had a good laugh, and Brett got a good picture of me being stuck (which shall be posted somewhere here).  After getting unstuck and properly seated we headed to the beach to get everyone else.  Once we had gotten back to the hotel we had to quickly get ready to head to the village because we were late.  Lisa told us not to bring our suitcases and recommended us to not take our bug tents because we would look ridiculous.  I packed my backpack and a large plastic bag that Alex (female) was kind enough to give me.  After putting the luggage in the two vans, we headed out to the village. When we got to the village it was pouring. Nonetheless we had to rush out all of our luggage to the center of the village.  Luckily there was sheet metal protecting all of our stuff from the rain. Once all of the luggage was moved there; we moved our own luggage to our separate houses.  On the way to our houses everything got soaked.  We then headed back towards the center of the village for the opening ceremony. The ceremony was very nice, the villagers started off by greeting us.  They then started with the opening kava ceremony.  After that we were finally able to eat.  The food tasted pretty good, but don't remember much of it. After that the villagers performed a song and dance for us.  Once the singing and dancing was over, I was finally able to head back to our room and inspect it. Honestly, I was a bit paranoid my first night. I was upset that I let Brett and Lisa convince me to leave my bug net because when I got there; it really looked like I need it.  I soon got over it and was able to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment