Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 5





Today is our first full day in the village.  For breakfast we had cookies, pudding (which tasted like bread), peanut butter, bananas, and jam.  After breakfast I helped Angie and the others clean plates.  Soon after helping the villagers, we began working on the construction site.  We spent most of the time mixing cement. After we finished our shift, I started to work on the scavenger hunt assignment.  I was able to get a picture of the pig, small, and one of the chiefs.  While I was working on the scavenger hunt, I had a little bit of a misadventure, but it was a good one!  I was looking at the list and I though the part that said find the oldest male said find the oldest person.  So I began to talk to the villagers to find the oldest person living in the village. It was a very old woman living in a shack that was a ways back in the village. She was very kind and old; she is actually 80 years old. She told me that she would like me to take photos of her. In fact, she was so happy that she cried tears of joy. She was happy that some came to talk to her because she felt so lonely.  It was a very touching moment, and I was happy that it happened.  After a little bit I started to feel a bit sick.  I’m hoping that I will get better by tomorrow.  I went bed early so that I will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment