Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 11

Today was our first full day with Ula.  We had another late breakfast. After eating I went back to the room to pack my backpack because we were going to head to an island today.  At 9:30 we got on the boat to go to the island. The boat rider there was long, but very nice.  Borah was able to catch a tuna on the way to the island. The way that they killed it was very gory.  They took a light aluminum bat and simply tapped the fish on the head 3 times, but there was a lot of blood. A little bit later we made it to the island. We visited a village there.  The first thing we did was head up to look at their school. It was a small, but nice school.  The school children there put on a performance for us.  They snag many songs, and they are really good singers.  I was actually very impressed.  We then headed to their principle's office to sign our names that we visited the school. After that we all took a group photo together on Ula's camera.  We then we're allowed to explore the village.  I walked around with Grace for awhile, but I then decided to do a little bit of exploring on my own.  I ran into this woman who was cooking and talked with her a little.  I asked her name; what she was cooking; has she lived in this village her whole life; etc.  After talking to her for a bit, she allowed me to take her photo.  It actually felt like I had made a connection with her.  Soon after the it was time to get onto the boat, but before I did that I ran into the woods to use the restroom. I then accidentally stumbled upon the villages farm.  I was unfortunately unable to get photos of it.  After I finished, I sprinted back to the boat to head to our second destination; which was a beach. It was awesome there.  On the beach we had lunch, and there were many different activities.  They included paddle boarding, volleyball,  swimming, snorkeling,  and many more.  The





activity that I participated most in was paddle boarding.  I also helped Ulla get some pretty good photos. After that we all got dinner then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment