Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 6





So today I am starting to feel a lot better than I did last night.  We had more cookies and bread for breakfast.  Then for our construction duty we continued to build up the foundation of the community center.  We first had to gather rocks to put along the side of the foundation in order to support it.  Once construction duty was done, I was able to see rock pool; which is the local swimming hole.  It was made to keep all of the living coral out, and that way it would be safe to swim in.  Later I was also able to visit the black sand beach, and the sand was great.  We all then went to go see the village farms.  There they shows us how they gather the kava, plant it, and how they prepare it.  There I also got to eat a Chile pepper, and it REALLY burned my mouth.  Then we had a wonderful dinner, and I went to bed early again so I don’t get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment